Margin Call Policy
Trading accounts with ThinkForex will automatically experience a margin call if the criteria below are met. It is important to note that proper risk management and placing of stop losses reduces the need for a margin call on a traders account. We advise all clients and traders to strictly adhere to margin requirements when trading.
- Minimum Margin Requirements on Open Positions must be maintained by the customer at all times.
- All open positions are subject to liquidation by ThinkForex should the Minimum Margin Requirement fail to be maintained.
- Margin requirements may change at anytime. ThinkForex will do its best to inform the customer about any projected changes by email and via the trading platform's message system at least a week before changes go into effect.
- ThinkForex will liquidate all Open Position in a customer's account if the total equity, at any time, equals or falls below 50% of the Used Margin. Positions will be closed based on the best execution prices available at the time to ThinkForex.
- The placing of Stop Loss Orders, used to minimize losses, is the clients responsibility.